Nominations for the 2021 - 2022 LCC Board is now closed. Look for next year's 2022 - 2023 nominations to be announced late January 2022.
The Laveen Community Council Nomination Committee is now accepting applications for those interested in joining the LCC Board. If you or someone you know are interested in volunteering with our established, non-profit organization with a long standing history of commitment to the Laveen Community, please take a few minutes to submit your information today!
Nomination period begins Monday, February 8th, 2021 thru Sunday, February 14th, 2021. Applications will no longer be accepted after Sunday, February 14th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
To be eligible for holding office on the Laveen Community Council Board, applicants must reside within the Laveen Village area. Boundaries are: 27th Avenue to the East, Salt River to the North, South Mountain to the South, and the Gila River Indian Reservation to the West/South West.
LCC Board expectations:
- Attend both Public and Executive Meetings held September thru May (Annual Budget meetings are also required)
- Serve on one or more Committees (Annual LCC BBQ Committee is a requirement)
- Time commitments:
- Monthly Public Meetings: 1-1.5 hrs.
- Monthly Executive Meetings: 1- 1.5 hrs.
- Annual Events: Minimum 4 hrs. day of the event ( up to 8hrs. depending on type of event)
- Event Planning Meetings: Decided by Committee Chair
- Pre-meeting planning: 1-2 hrs. (setup or coordination activities)
The roles and responsibilities of the open seats for LLC Board are below:
Vice-President – 2-year term
· Assist President in all activities and duties of the Council
· Perform all duties of the President in their absence
· Be informed by the President of all Council plans and activities
Secretary – 2-year term
· Maintain attendance records and minutes of all Community Council meetings / Board meetings
· Maintain current list of member groups, names and contact information of representatives
· Maintain copies of reports or records provided by – President, Treasurer, or Auditor
Auditor – 2-year term
· Serve as Chairman of the Audit Committee
· Must complete a full audit of all accounts at the end of each FY
· Present audit findings at regular meetings
Director at Large – 3-year term
· Voting member of the Council
· Chair events / committees
· Support Council events